We mentioned earlier in our articles that one of the main features of PVC windows is simple and easy maintenance. How can you clean PVC windows quickly and easily? Let’s find out!
Cleaning for hinges
The hinges are the most difficult part of the window to clean because they are not very accessible, but here is an easy way to do it:
- Start by opening the window as wide as possible without damaging the hinge or causing too much resistance.
- Use a vacuum cleaner nozzle to remove dust and debris from the hinge mechanism. A nozzle with a soft dusting brush is perfect, as it will prevent you from scratching the surrounding area.
- If your window is a bit stiff to open, it’s worth considering using a lubricant such as 3-in-1 Multi-Purpose Oil to keep the hinge movement nice and smooth.
Cleaning the window pane
It’s a good idea to clean your window panes on a dry, overcast day, as hot sunlight can leave traces of cleaning products on the glass before you’ve had a chance to wipe it off. Here’s the best way to get sparkling window panes:
- First, use a dry brush or soft cloth to remove dust and cobwebs from the glass.
- Use a sponge and a bucket of warm, soapy water (washing up liquid works great) to gently wipe the window panes until most of the grime is gone. Avoid scouring pads, even for heavy dirt, as this can scratch glass and PVC.
- Once dry, use a product like Windex to make the glass really shine. For a DIY alternative, mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 2 quarts of water and spray on the glass, then scrub it with newspaper.
Whiten and lighten your PVC frames
Although PVC window frames and sills are weatherproof, they can eventually collect dust and lose their shine, but with the right cleaning method and materials, you’ll have them back to their original shine in no time.
You can use the same products and procedures to clean PVC frames and thresholds:
- Use a dry brush or cloth to remove dust or debris from the window frame or sill. Vacuum the corners to tackle hard-to-reach dirt.
- Wipe the frame and sill with a sponge and warm, soapy water to remove the initial layer of dirt.
- If your window frames and sills are very dirty or discolored, try using a safe and effective product such as No Nonsense uPVC Cleaner or HG uPVC Cleaner. They will easily cut through the layer of deposits, without damaging the finish of your window frames.
Cleaning PVC: Pitfalls to avoid
The wrong cleaning methods or products can easily cause irreversible damage to your PVC windows by scratching them or removing their glossy finish. To ensure that you are using materials suitable for use, avoid the following:
- Cleansing cream
- White ghosts
- Scouring pads
- Nail polish remover
- Methyl alcohol
Nurkovic PVC windows are resistant to most everyday dirt, so in addition to saving energy, they will also save your time.
With us until the realization of your goals
Nurkovic Company can proudly say that professionalism is a mirror of our work. We simply bring quality, peace, and security to every home. What adorns our company are 3 key things: the best quality, respect for customers’ deadlines and schedules, and extensive experience in this field of business.
The seriousness, quality and responsibility of our company are indicated by our respected and well-known partners.