In this blog, we will explain to you what are the main disadvantages of wooden carpentry.
Wood is a traditional material that has been used in the production of carpentry since the very beginning. However, the modern world is increasingly developing in the production of synthetic materials.
Unlike traditional materials, such as wood, these materials have significantly better characteristics such as thermal insulation, sound insulation, ease of maintenance, and the like.
The main disadvantages of wooden carpentry are:
- Great ability to absorb moisture, thereby causing changes in dimensions, which should by no means be characteristic of carpentry considering the function it performs on the building
- Given that moisture seriously damages the wood, the carpentry must be well-impregnated, which makes this type of joinery even more expensive.
- In general, it is not durable compared to PVC carpentry due to the fact that wood is subject to natural influences
- Wood is attacked by pests, wormholes, and other insects by gnawing and boring channels and holes through the wood
- It is very demanding to maintain, it needs special attention and varnishing at least every couple of years
- It is necessary to change the edging strips regularly because they wear out over time and negatively affect the overall appearance
- Wooden carpentry warps and swells under the influence of moisture, which can have major consequences in the long run
- It has a limited lifespan, which is almost impossible to influence, which is a major drawback of wooden carpentry
- Wooden carpentry is on average much more expensive than other carpentry by itself, and additional maintenance costs are added to that.
In addition to all that, many return to wooden carpentry because of the feeling of warmth and comfort it brings to the space.
Although the disadvantages of wooden carpentry affect the desired effect, wooden carpentry also provides a sense of homeliness and positively affects people’s mood.
If you have extra money and want a real homely atmosphere, then wooden carpentry is the right choice for you.
Find out the advantages and disadvantages of ALU and PVC carpentry here.
For more information and advice, visit our website.